Criminals Ruto will let go scot-free if elected President
By John Kamau, Editor, thingira.org
While speaking at a pre-wedding ceremony last Friday, Deputy President William Ruto reassured those supporting his State House bid and are facing criminal charges that their cases will end after President Uhuru Kenyatta retires next year and he (Ruto) becomes the President.
He assured civil servants and politicians who openly side with him and are facing criminal charges for stealing public resources that their tribulations will end.
In total, if Ruto, God forbids, becomes the President, criminal facing charges, including murder of innocent people, will go scot-free.
Below are some of the suspects who have been employing delaying tactics in their cases hoping if Ruto becomes President they will be freed on the day he will assume office.
1. Ferdinand Waititu: The former Kiambu Governor is charged with stealing Sh588 million. He is charged alongside his wife, Susan Wangari and nine others. His lawyers have been filing numerous applications to delay the case.
2. Mike Sonko: The former Nairobi Governor is facing more than 30 charges of money laundering, receiving bribes and conflict of interest. Sonko is accused of misappropriating Sh357 million belonging to the county government.
3. Okoth Obado: The Migori governor is battling charges of conspiracy to defraud his county government of Sh256 million. He also faces charges of aiding and abetting the brutal murder of his ex-girlfriend, a pregnant student, Sharon Otieno, 26.
4. Rigathi Gachagua: The Mathira MP is charged with acquiring more than Sh7.3 billion suspected to be proceeds of crime.
5. Moses Lenolkulal: The Samburu Governor was charged with conspiracy to commit an economic crime by receiving Sh84,695,996 from the county government through his company Oryx Services Station.
6. Former Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mwangi Kiunjuri is facing investigations over allegations of money laundering. The Asset Recovery Agency (ARA) obtained orders allowing it to investigate Kiunjuri’s account on suspicions that he might have received millions of shillings through a kickback scheme involving funds allocated to the National Irrigation Board when he was the CS. (but of late he has been distancing himself from Ruto).
7. Kandara MP Alice Wahome: The MP, a staunch supporter of Ruto, is fighting the Director of Public Prosecution to stop her prosecution over alleged misappropriation of Sh284 million from the late Mbiyu Koinange’s estate.
8. Sirisia MP John Waluke: He was jailed for a cumulative 62 years and fined close to Sh1 billion for defrauding the National Cereals and Produce Board (NCPB).
9. Malindi MP Aisha Jumwa: Jumwa is facing murder charges. She committed the offence during Ganda Ward by-election chaos that left one person dead.
10. Kapsaret MP Oscar Sudi: He is charged before the anti-corruption court with three counts of forging academic certificates while seeking clearance from the electoral commission to contest his seat in 2013.,
11. Nakuru Town East MP David Gikaria: He is charged with forging land documents and grabbing parcels of land within Nakuru County between August 28 and December 18, 2007.
12. Nandi Governor Sang: He was last year charged with malicious damage to property, incitement to violence and abuse of office but denied all three charges and was released on Sh1 million bond or Sh500, 000 cash bail.
13. Nandi Senator Samson Cherargei: He is facing charges of ethnic contempt, violating the National Cohesion and Integration Act, following a speech he made in August in Nandi last year.
14. Henry Rotich: The former Treasury Cabinet Secretary is charged with conspiracy to defraud the government more than Sh63 billion in the Arror and Kimwarer dams scandal.
15. Ben Chumo: The former Kenya Power Managing Director is facing economic crimes.
16. Ken Tarus: The former Kenya Power Managing Director is facing economic crimes.
17. Joe Sang: The former Kenya Pipeline Managing Director faces theft of Sh528.5 million during the construction of the Kisumu oil jetty.
18. Anne Waiguru: The Kirinyaga governor will face graft charges once detectives finalise investigations into corruption allegations at the county government.